By Abe Burrows
Directed by Jill Stapleton Bergeron
A philandering dentist keeps his many affairs at bay by claiming to be married with children. When the ruse threatens to catch up with him, he drafts his prickly nurse to pose as his “wife.” She blossoms, and he finds himself falling in love with the lovely “cactus flower” right under his very nose. This Broadway hit later became a successful film.
Cactus Flower premiered on Broadway at the Royale Theatre on December 8, 1965. Directed by Abe Burrows, the production starred Lauren Bacall, Barry Nelson and Brenda Vaccaro. The 1969 film adaptation, directed by Gene Saks, starred Walter Matthau, Ingrid Bergman and Goldie Hawn, who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- David Snow as Dr. Julian Winston
- Rebecca Gomez as Stephanie Dickinson
- A.J. Tierney as Toni Simmons
- Spencer Flottman as Igor Sullivan
- Greg Knox as Harvey Greenfield
- Tonya Stansberry as Mrs. Dixon Durant
- Benjamin Turner as Señor Arturo Sanchez
- Abigail Stansberry as Botticelli Springtime
- Autumn Leming as Customer
- Anthony Finch as Waiter
- Mary Alice Scott as Music Lover
- James A.C. West as Delivery Person